We had dinner at Shi Lin two weeks ago. Hubby has eaten there with his office mates several times already, and he said they like it there.
We ordered the following; Xiao Long Bao, Shrimp Pork Siomai, Mushroom and Vegetable Bun, Noodles with Double-boiled Chicken Soup and Noodles with Braised Beef Soup.
We loved this; the pork meat was really yummy! You’ll enjoy this more if you do the following:
Here’s a clearer version of what’s in the picture:
Suggested way to enjoy XIAO LONG BAO
1. Xiao Long Bao is best eaten while still hot. You can enjoy it with sauce or try it in its original flavor without sauce.
2. To make the sauce, combine Ginger Slices with Vinegar and Soy Sauce according to personal taste. We suggest a 1:1 ratio.
3. Delicately use chopsticks to dip the XIAO LONG BAO in the sauce. Be careful not to puncture the thin flour wrapper.
4. Place the XIAO LONG BAO in a spoon and bite the top to slowly sip the hot soup within.
5. After tasting the soup, you may add some ginger slices doused in a little sauce to the XIAO LONG BAO and eat it in one bite. ENJOY!
Interesting! I learned something new that day!
I ate three shrimp pork siomai. If that’s not proof enough that it’s delicious, then I don’t know what is.
The little boy had two bites of this, and hubby and I shared what’s left of the first bun. We gave the second bun to Justin’s ate. We need time to get accustomed to its taste.
This tasted quite bland, but a dash of salt and pepper will significantly improve the flavor of this noodle dish.
The beef was tender and delicious, and its slightly spicy taste made it more palatable.
3rd Floor, The Podium
Telephone No.: (02) 477-4108