3 tbsp cooking oil
5 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
½ kilo lean pork, diced
¼ kilo pork liver, diced
500 g tomato sauce
1 cup water
2 medium carrots, diced
2 medium potatoes, diced
100g canned green peas
2 medium red or green bell peppers
½ cup raisin
1. Heat oil in a skillet.
2. Saute garlic and onion.
3. Add pork and cook while covered for 10 minutes.
4. Add pork liver and cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Pour in tomato sauce and water. Stir occasionally.
6. Continue cooking over medium heat until pork and pork liver are tender.
7. Add carrots, potatoes and raisin. Cook covered for 2 minutes.
8. Add bell pepper and green peas. Cook for 1 minute.
I want lots of tomato sauce in my pok menudo, but you can certainly adjust the ingredients to your liking.