¼ cup cooking oil
5 cloves of garlic, minced
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
½ kilo chicken breast (chicken menudo cut)
1 medium pack of tofu
1 can of mushrooms (stems and pieces)
5 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in ¼ cup water
½ cup water
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Fry tofu until golden brown, cut into small cubes, then set aside.
3. Heat oil in a skillet, then sauté garlic and onion.
4. Add chicken and cook for 10 minutes in a covered skillet.
5. Add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes.
6. Add oyster sauce and water. Simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Add the cornstarch mixture and mix well. Cook for 3 minutes.
8. Add salt if needed.
9. Toss fried tofu until well coated with sauce.