I’ve been doing a lot of cooking in the kitchen these days to feed my hungry boys. Not having dined out for 9 months now due to the COVID-19 pandemic has challenged me to come up with creative and exciting dishes for my husband and son. One such dish that I recently cooked was Pork Menudo. Our Pork Menudo is never complete without hotdogs in it.
Mekeni Picnic Hotdog has two variants: Picnic Red Hotdog and Picnic Cheesy Hotdog. Both are #MomApproved because of their premium quality and superb taste that’s simply irresistible. No wonder #MomsPickPicnic!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
½ kilo lean pork, cut into small cubes
¼ kilo pork liver, cut into small cubes
4 pcs jumbo Mekeni Picnic Cheesy Hotdog, sliced
250g Del Monte Tomato Sauce
2 cups pork broth or water
5 tablespoons cooking oil
5 cloves of garlic, crushed and minced
1 medium onion, minced
2 medium potatoes, diced
2 medium carrots, diced
2 medium green or red bell pepper, deseeded and diced
225g canned green peas, drained
60g dried raisins
8g Maggi Magic Sarap
1. Boil pork meat in a pot of slightly salted water until tender. Drain and set aside to cool, then cut into small cubes.
2. Boil pork liver in the same pot. Drain and set aside to cool before cutting into small cubes.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Saute onion and garlic.
5. Put hotdog and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Mix in pork meat and pork liver. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Pour tomato sauce and pork broth or water. Let it boil. Stir occasionally.
8. Add potatoes and carrots. Cover pan and cook over low heat until tender.
9. Throw in green bell pepper, green peas, and raisins. Simmer for 3 minutes.
10. Season with Magic Sarap, salt and pepper.
11. Serve with bread or rice.