Here’s another easy-peasy recipe that I did during quarantine using Mekeni Picnic Cheesy Hotdog. This Hotdog Sisig, like Pork Sisig, can be served as an appetizer or a main dish.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
5 pieces jumbo Mekeni Picnic Cheezy Brown Hotdog, cut into small pieces
2 tablespoons cooking oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
1 medium onion, minced
1 medium green bell pepper, diced
1 piece hot chili pepper, minced
2 tablespoons calamansi or lemon juice
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
A pinch of ground black pepper
1. Heat cooking oil in a pan.
2. Cook hotdogs over medium heat then set aside.
3. In the same pan, saute onions and garlic.
4. Add green bell pepper and hot chili pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
5. Mix in the pre-cooked hotdogs, oyster sauce, and calamansi or lemon juice.
6. Season with pepper.
7. Add mayonnaise.
8. Serve hot.
Oh by the way, Mekeni Picnic Hotdog has two variants: Picnic Red Hotdog and Picnic Cheesy Hotdog. Both are #MomApproved because of their premium quality and superb taste. They are quite affordable, too. No wonder #MomsPickPicnic!